Monday, August 28, 2006

We're rich, I tell you.


We went for a walk to the lake near our house the other day, and Corina noticed a penny on the ground. She picked it up of course. That's what kids do. A few steps ahead there was another penny, which was very exciting to Corina. She scooped up that one, and then a few more steps ahead we found another penny. That's when we realized someone had left a penny trail on the sidewalk. Corina and Max excitedly ran along scooping up all the pennies. (And one dime!) When they were done, they had $1.08. That's pretty awesome. The pennies were all placed nicely down the sidewalk for someone to find. Whoever did that totally knows how to make a little kid happy. Maybe they were watching out their window. I bet they felt really good when they saw how much the kids enjoyed it. I hope they felt so good that it inspires them to make a loonie trail. Or a trail of vodka and percocet. I'm keeping my eyes open.

3 comments:

chartie said...

I think it was actually a trap to lure unsuspecting children to their lair! Luckily, you were there to protect them.

P.S. I like the word "lair"

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm....Percocet.

Amy said...

Percocet? Now Sara...