Wednesday, September 06, 2006

It's hard out here for a pimp.

It's also hard for a mommy. I've been home full-time with my kids for nearly ten years, and today that all changed. IT CHANGED!!!

I had my first day of classes today. During my communications class I looked at the clock. It was 2:50, if you're wondering. I started thinking about what I would normally be doing with Corina at 2:50, and next thing I knew I was crying. Not just a little bit, either. I was even making baby crying noises. It was so bad the girl next to me cried too. That's effective sadness. I don't know if I can survive being away from my Max and Corina every day. Really. It just might make me to die.

And that is the cheerful update about my first day of college.

5 comments:

Dainon said...

If you need a babysitter, I'll be in B.C. next Monday-Wednesday. I'm pretty good with kids, y'know. A regular Mr. Mom.

Sherpa said...

I can't wait to hear about your second day.

Jason Randall said...

By the third day, I expect rampant drug use and selling yourself for crack.

oh, that was my third day of college.

Laurie said...

Sure it's sad to leave your babies, but it takes a real badass to have the courage to do something as huge as going back to school. Self-improvement + already awesome mommy = an even better example to her babies. Eh, math was never my forte, but you get the idea...

bestsariah said...

I didn't do any drugs yet, but the school did give me condoms, coffee, and iced tea yesterday. I'm well on my way.