Friday, October 20, 2006

I hope one of you knows how to sew...

I'm going to need one of those vests. Good news for all of you who have been annoyed by me asking you to repeat yourself. I haven't been ignoring you. I'm deaf! I finally got my hearing checked. Looks like my Eustachian tubes suck and I have a mild hearing impairment. That also explains why I bump into things and fall over all the time. It's just my ears, not the vodka. I can totally keep drinking.

They can probably fix my ears with some wacky combinations of this and that. I shall hear again!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I get a hearing test every year, it's a requirement at work. This year I got it done on the Sunshine Coast in BC at this guy's in home testing center that I had been at five years earlier. He compared my results and I have had a lot of hearing loss, he seemed really worried for me. He said in my right ear I'm one notch above what is considered hearing impaired by workers comp or whoever it is, and my left ear is not far behind.
I think it was cute he was concerned for me, when really, I enjoy not hearing some people talk.
What I want to know now, is when I drop down that one more notch, is workers comp going to start sending me money for having an impairment?? That would be lovely.

Anonymous said...

My ex-husband made me go get a hearing test once because he thought I was going deaf. But as it turns out I wasn't deaf, he was just crazy.

bestsariah said...

Mom?

Anonymous said...

I can sew.