Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I broke myself.

I have a broken foot. Apparently I broke it two weeks ago, but taking the kids trick or treating last night killed it. I knew I injured it the other week, but I'm too busy to have a bad foot so I tried to ignore it. Last night it swelled up and turned colours, so I went to the hospital today rather than school.

Anyway, I just told Corina that normally right now I'd be getting on the bus to come home from school, but since I didn't go to school I could be home earlier. I said, "Is having a broken foot a good reason to skip school?"

She responded, "It's better than hepatitis."

She's five, by the way.

10 comments:

granolagirl94 said...

Your kids are too awesome!

And if you want to abuse yourself don't break bones. There are much less painful things you can do.

Glen said...

Just can't argue with that logic.

Kipluck aka: BethAnn, Bob, Mayberry said...

At least you never have to wonder where she got it...







(and by it I mean her brain/mouth combo... not hepatitis. Because if she gets that, you can still wonder.... and take vengeance, if needed.)

CoolestWifeEver said...

*Now* how are you going to get your present???

bestsariah said...

I'm going to have to get rides from people all the time now, so I guess I'll ask someone to take me to the post office. I'm going to be an incredible pest for the next few weeks. I'll still probably get it on Saturday!

Jason Randall said...

Babe, how do you keep breaking yourself!

Methinks you're not drinking milk.

Shannon said...

What Corina said was absolutely Fantastic. I love her.

Dainon said...

I think they should print that story in the Reader's Digest. You can read it and laugh while you're recuperating ... then collect your $400 for birthing a smart lil girl.

bestsariah said...

Maybe I'll do that. I sent in something Max said when he was little and they paid me $200. Easy money.

Dainon said...

Spill it. What'd he say? Tell us all and I'll send you $5 American. Residual income! Yay!