Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Teenagers...

I'm teaching the big kids this semester. I just finished my third day at this middle school.

This is a very high needs place, so there's lots for me to do. I'm enjoying it so far, but I don't think I want to work with this age group when I graduate. If one of them has a temper tantrum, they could easily beat the crap out of me. I'm a scaredy-cat.

Tomorrow Corina is having her EEG, so I have to keep her up almost all night tonight. She has to have less than five hours of sleep. Normally she has at least eleven, so it's going to be a rough night.

6 comments:

... said...

Yeah, my sister works with troubled teens and she's seen more 'n her fair share of black eyes. On her own face.

Good luck with Corina tonight! Give her a big hug from our family.

Kipluck said...

I bet she's excited for a stay-awake party. Just tell her she HAS to go to sleep and she will prob ably be awake enough for you. But will YOU be awake?

Jason Randall said...

Let her listen to her favorite Rock God.

Yes, David Cassidy.

Jason Randall said...

As for the teaching, you're so going to be hit on by 14 year olds that read the news.

Sara is the new Demi Moore.

heatherlynn said...

*picturing sara being hit on by a high needs 14 year old that could beat the crap out of her*

i'm a little scared.

Nicole said...

Sara, maybe it's time for some self-defense training!!! I'll join you!!