Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Midget comedian.

I decided to take Corina to my afternoon math class tomorrow. When I told her about it tonight, I wanted it to be an exciting announcement. I told her I had a feeling she needed a little extra Mommy time, and asked her if she thought so. She just kind of stared at me, so I said, "Are you feeling extra Mommyish? Do you feel like you need a little extra time with me?" She kept staring at me, so I asked the same thing again. Finally she spoke. She said, "Well I'm not going to make out with you, if that's what you wanted."

She's only five years old, and she has already developed the most awesome sense of humour ever. She totally kills me.

10 comments:

Dainon said...

She's been beautifully warped by your own social "norms" ... and it remains to be seen how that plays out in her classrooms. I wish I could be a fly on the wall. I wish I may, I wish I might.

heatherlynn said...

and the standards! if she keeps that up you won't have a thing to worry about when she's 16! actually, you will. with a wit like that the boys will come running.

i love that she stared at you for so long before replying. oh the timing!

Sherpa said...

wow. She's amazing.

Shauna said...

Nice. Nicely done.

Jonathan said...

That's so brilliant :)

Kids come out with the best things. A friend of our's son was looking at her armpit as she leant over him in a shop last summer to pay for something... he piped up "but the thing is Mummy, you have a beard under your arm!"

Jason Randall said...

wow. are you sure she's yours? you'd never say that.

granolagirl said...

You are aware you have THE coolest kids on earth, right?

Shannon said...

She's so funny. And, evidently she's totally aware of the fact that you're a lesbian.

... said...

She really is totally awesome. Please tell her I'm sorry for making her cry.

brent said...

Wow. That's hilarious. I had to add my measly two cents. Ha ha. Oh to have seen that happen. I would be willing to pay you in starbursts.