Thursday, July 19, 2007

Easily amused.

Today I was eating a salad with crunchy croutons, and the kids were eating nectarines that hadn't softened yet. Crunchy lunch. I accidentally discovered something important. I put my hand up to my ear for something or other while I was chewing. Did you know how loud that makes the crunching sound inside your head? For the rest of our lunch, all three of us sat with our hands on our ears, crunching away, mesmerized by the sounds. It was awesome. The only thing that would make it better would be if the food was screaming in pain.

This weekend we're going on our summer holiday. It's just a little trip, but it's going to be great. I will tell you all about it when it's done!

2 comments:

granolagirl said...

It's even more fun to put your ear up to someone else's head while they're chewing. It's so weird!

bestsariah said...

I'm going to try it.