Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Grade Five Leadership at Safety City!

Max was one of twelve kids chosen from his grade to be on Leadership for next year. (That's because he's awesome.) The twelve kids had a full day of training today at Safety City, where they learned something or other about safety and stuff like that. They also learned how to be Safety Patrollers. They even had a final exam, and Max got 98%. Nice work, Max!

This is the little city they have there, where the kids could practice being Safety Patrollers.

When the parents came to pick the kids up at the end, they put on some little skits about safety for us. I am always impressed when Max doesn't think he's too cool for stuff like that. He has such a good attitude.
There are our grade 5 leaders!
What a great kid.

6 comments:

Dainon said...

That's cool and all, but what does it say on his T-shirt, under "sarcasm"? I want to know.

bestsariah said...

Something like..."Is one of the many services I offer".

Laurie said...

I don't think I've ever seen two kids accomplish so much or receive so many awards in their little lives. Holy moley!

And wow, could Max possibly look any more like you??

Shannon said...

Tryston has a shirt that says that same thing. He also has one that says "Just be glad I'm not your kid."
I especially love that one.

... said...

I think I would have had a crush on Max if I was his age.

bestsariah said...

I would have too. I've told him that, but I'm not sure he was impressed.