Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The desk is finished!

Many years ago, I thought I would like having a blue desk. I liked it for a few days. Colour and I do not get along. This desk is where Corina does all her crafts, and it holds many of our crafty supplies. Last week we started a family project. The kids and I sanded it....

...and then we primed and painted it a much more suitable colour. Here is my lovely black desk!

It has paintbrush streaks and drip marks, but we're proud of our work anyway. It was our first time doing something like that together. We're awesome!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Have you ever noticed how things that are black look expensive? Cars, electronics, luggage... even a black t-shirt looks dressy in comparison to a white or colored one.

In other words... looks like a brand new, really expensive piece of furniture! Pretty!!

granolagirl said...

I likey. very nice with that black chair next to it.

Krispy said...

Black is my favorite.

bestsariah said...

That's what I always say to my friend Jerome.