Friday, August 24, 2007

Park Lake

We went to Park Lake today, which is a big deal because you can't get there on the bus. We rented a car and planned a fun weekend to get us ready for back to school. Oh, and our car is an Impala. My favourite! It's a huge grandpa car and is so comfortable that it's like sitting on the couch. My couch. And my couch is like a marshmallow. (True.)

This picture shows what the kids spent most of their time doing. Corina carried little puddles of water to her bigger puddle of water, where she dumped them to make her hot tub. Max ran to areas that had tons of tiny fish and tried to catch some in his bucket before they swam away. They entertained themselves for hours.

There was a playground with this cool thing they could spin around on. (On which they could spin.)
Corina fell off and looked very cute when she cried, don't you think?

I love this picture. We went for a walk around the lake before we went home. Look how sweet they are. There's my pretty Corina. Never shy to pose for the camera, but no one that cute should be shy. Max and I had a fun time trying to catch popcorn in our mouths. Max was actually really good at it, and caught his about half the time.

I wasn't nearly as good. I only caught one, and I even cheated by throwing lots in the air.

See? I caught one!

Tomorrow we're going to the Cornfest in Taber. Yes...a festival of corn. It should be amazing.

10 comments:

granolagirl said...

Dang! You're an awesome mom. my kid is lucky if he gets to go to the park!

Sherpa said...

Cornfest? I can't wait to hear about that.

Dainon said...

Man, I love me some Taber corn. It's the best corn in this world, I think.

Anonymous said...

you really are a fabulous mom!

Laurie said...

Have I mentioned how much I love your hair?! I seriously love it, hot mama.

Shannon said...

Laurie stole my words. I wanted to tell you that when you post photos I can't focus on what you write, because I just keep thinking "wow fabulous hair."

Krispy said...

You and Max look like twins in the popcorn-catching photos.

bestsariah said...

I never noticed how much our popcorn pictures are alike. That's awesome.

And thanks for liking my hair, Laurie and Shannon.

deidra said...

Your hair does look nice, but my favorite part was, "(On which they could spin.)" Maybe that means I'm a huge nerd.

Dainon said...

I was gonna say the same thing about those popcorn photos, but I refrained. Glad somebody didn't.