Monday, September 03, 2007

The last day of summer holidays

"Mommy, may I use the scotch tape? I want to make a bum chin."
And so she did. She was very proud of it.

Tomorrow the kids go back to school, and I go back on Thursday. So far I haven't cried about it. That means I'm doing better than last year, so yay me! We went for a picnic at the lake today to kind of celebrate going back to school. It's really not anything to celebrate though.

Also tomorrow, Max will be on the news! He has to go to school early in the morning to film something about safety patrollers and driving safely and such. Exciting!

Another exciting thing is Max's new BMX he bought today with his own money. Apparently his mountain bike isn't cool, but this one is. I'm too old to even see the difference. And now he's out there riding the old one around, trying to get someone to buy it off him. He's a smart kid. It looks as though the boy who was run over by a bus in the spring is going to buy it. (By the way, the kid lived. Obviously. In fact the doctors say he is a miracle child. His bike wasn't so lucky.)

3 comments:

Daisy Paige said...

I hope Max tells that kid all sales are final, just in case the kid's parents don't want him buying and riding another bike.

Bobbie said...

He should write up a contract and make the kid sign it!

Laurie said...

What about craigslist.org? I betcha that bike would sell real quick on there.