Saturday, October 13, 2007

I don't care what you say anymore, this is my life.

Max really likes Billy Joel. I don't think I've mentioned that before. When he was 8, he heard a Billy Joel song on the radio and asked who it was. I told him, and he said, "I like that song!" A few days later he heard another Billy Joel song on the radio and asked who it was again, because he liked it so much. And then it happened again. And again. All on his own, Max became a Billy Joel fan. I think that's adorable. He likes Alice Cooper because his mommy influenced him, but this one is just pure love of the music. I bought him The Best of Billy Joel when he finished grade three, and he listens to it all the time. Oh, and the other day on the radio they were playing that game where they play only a few seconds of the first line of a song, and you have to call in with your guess for what song and what artist. Max totally got it. He knows My Life very well! (We didn't call though. I'm lazy.) Anyway, Billy Joel is playing in Calgary soon, and I was thinking about going, but the tickets are over $100 each! Sick. Figure in the cost of renting a car to get there and then buying gas and all, and it's just way too expensive. Too bad, because that would have been really fun.


The good thing is Max and Corina both love Grease. They've never seen the movie - I know, shame on me - but they love the cd. A theatre group of some sort is doing Grease here in November, so I just bought us all tickets for the show. And at only $69 total for all three of us, including fees and all, and no travel costs, it works out much better. I haven't told the kids yet, because they're sleeping. They better not decide overnight that they don't like Grease anymore, or there's going to be trouble.

9 comments:

Jesse Harris said...

Your Canadian dollars are worth more than ours now. Maybe you should use that exchange rate to go to a show in the States.

Amy said...

digitalcitrus.com just posted about billy joel too.
good stuff!

Have a great time at Grease!

Shannon said...

If you find enough money to go to Billy Joel, you can sleep at our house. For free, even.

Dainon. said...

Billy will be in the Youtaw, after all.

Laura said...

Besty, I really think you're an awesome mother. And I mean 'awesome' in the true sense of the word. I hope when I have kids I'll be able to do cool stuff with them like you do with yours.

Sara said...

Thank you! That made me feel lovely.

Jason Randall said...

I wish you were seeing Grease 2 though.

The tune "Let's Do It For Our Country" is a worldwide sensation.

Laurie said...

Ha! That was VERY funny, Jason.

Hey, we listened to The Best of Billy Joel this weekend! Interesting story about "My Life"... Scott's earliest childhood memory is of his dad playing that on the piano while Scott jumped up and down on his parent's bed. So when we had our sealing reception, we played that song special for his dad.

You've got excellent taste in music, Max! My favorite song from that album is "She's Always a Woman".

Grease is going to be WAY fun. I can't wait to hear all about it!

Sara said...

Laurie, that one is my favourite too. We're twins!