Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Pardon?

Starting with some happy news - I more than likely don't have the mumps. Yay!

I've been in a ton of pain on the left side of my head and neck since Friday. Last night it got even worse, and then suddenly this morning I went deaf in my left ear. Try that for scary! I went straight to the doctor, and it turns out I have a "rip-roaring" ear infection. Sexy. I asked how long until I get my hearing back in my left ear, and he said, "Well, as long as the damage isn't permanent, maybe by the time you're done your antibiotics."

Awesome. It had better not be permanent.

PS...this hurts very much.

5 comments:

deidra said...

Get feeling better soon! Sick is no fun.

At least you're not missing out on a great holiday weekend, since you had your Thanksgiving last month! (Just suffering through a miserable weekend!)

Simmons Family said...

Yikes!

Hope you feel better soon. And I hope you're not deaf forever.

Laurie said...

Yikes indeed!

As far back as I can remember, I've been prone to ear infections. I remember my mom taught me to blow a hairdryer directly into it. I SWEAR it helps it to clear faster and it seriously feels oh-so-GOOOOD.

Get better soon!

Dainon. said...

Ear infections are the worst things in this world, I think. Not that that helps you in any way whatsoever, but I do help it clears up sooner rather than later.

Shannon said...

Ouch! Those infections are so sucky!