Saturday, November 24, 2007

Part 3

I ended up in the hospital on Thursday night with lots of morphine being shot into my bum cheek. My ear infection has taken over my body.

All things scary: waking up feeling like someone poured water on my head, touching my head and finding it very wet, turning on the light and seeing my hand is covered in blood, looking at my pillow and seeing it is covered in blood, realizing the blood came out of my ear.

I am still deaf in my left ear. The good news is that the doctor today said I should still be able to fly home for Christmas. That was one of my biggest worries. We're so excited for our trip, but I don't want my ear to tear apart when we take off. That would not be enjoyable. I have 22 days left to heal. I had a blessing finally last night, so maybe that will help. Hmm..although after the blessing I woke up covered in blood...

12 comments:

Jesse Harris said...

Dagnabit... can't any of you folks stay healthy for a change?! Yeesh.

Laurie said...

What the?!

So what did they tell you to get better? Any anti-biotics? I hope you don't have to miss a ton of school... but this is FAR more important.

I'm seriously worried. I hope you heal up quickly.

Sara said...

I am on antibiotics and percocet. And my ear is still bleeding. It feels like I've been shot in the face. Not today, but maybe like I got shot in the face a week ago and I'm recovering.

Dainon. said...

What? No pictures? Those sound like Kodak moments.

In all seriousness, though, wow ... take it easy. Get better. That is an order.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! My thoughts & prayers are with you for a full & speedy recovery.
Hugs!

Shannon said...

I'm with Dainon. I think a shot of the bloody pillow would have really grabbed some attention.
I feel really sad for your ear. Give it a kiss for me, ok?

Simmons Family said...

Yikes! You'll be in our prayers!

You never know... Maybe the bleeding is the blessing's way of getting the gunk out of your ear so it can heal.

CWE said...

I'm on anti-biotics and percocet too! It's like we're twins. Except I think I'll take my problem over yours. That would be way scary. Good thing you're such a tough cookie.

Hope you get better soon. And also that you stop being deaf soon.

Sara said...

Yeah, but you could have died. My worst thing is only deafness. You win for scary.

I slept sitting up last night, and I notice some improvement with the pain this morning. Yay! I'm still deaf though.

Dainon. said...

"Eh? EH?! Wot did you say, sonny? Say it in my good ear? I'm deef, y'know?"

granolagirl said...

That's sick!
I mean, you're sick. Get better. Stop bleeding!

ldslinkup said...

maybe you shouldn't have pretended to be deaf on ldslinkup (just kidding!) GET BETTER!!!