Saturday, November 17, 2007

We do many things.

Here's our new obsession. Whatever we're eating, we shove it on a skewer. Now that's good fun.

Max had his half-birthday this week. That means he is 10½ now, and that I love him so much that he gets two birthday parties every year. He made this icing for the cake himself. It is homemade chocolate icing with Crispy Crunches, Aeros, Smarties - the Canadian chocolate kind, marshmallows, chocolate chips, and Kit Kats in it. It looked a little like chocolate vomit, but it tasted great.
Christmas must be coming, because Santa was downtown last night. We went to Galt Gardens for the lighting of the Christmas tree. It's supposed to be fancy, but after living in London where they light up every tree in Victoria Park, this one tree with lights seems pretty cheap. We always laugh at Lethbridge when they light it up. Here we are waiting for the one special tree to be lit up...
And here is Santa! He was quite preoccupied with finding out my nationality and where I got the name Sara. Weirdo. Corina asked him for Polly Pockets and Max asked for a Pocket Bike. I'm going to buy an old pair of jeans from the thrift store and give them each one of the pockets for Christmas, and tell them Santa was too busy asking if Mommy is Russian and he must not have heard them properly.
This is important. I had these Godiva Dark Chocolate Raspberries last night. They had them at the check-out in Chapters. I think they are the yummiest thing I've ever eaten.
And finally, I went to the doctor today for the pain in my ear, neck, throat, and face. I sort of feel beaten up. She thinks there's a chance I have the mumps! There's an outbreak of mumps at the college, and a girl I know just finished up her quarantine time. (Nine days.) She sent me to the hospital for some tests. I'm screwed if I have to be quarantined. I'll sure get to catch up on sleep though, so there's a positive side to it.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rather telling that the Godiva package is empty already when you just bought them last night.

And when did you start letting Max drink coffee??

Sara said...

It's hot chocolate.

chocolate lover said...

Hope you're feeling better soon & that it's not the mumps!

Max's cake looks yummy!
& so do the godiva chocolates!

Laurie said...

That is a brilliant way to get your kids to eat veggies... stick em on a skewer! I LOVE that idea!

That cake is so gorgeous. (Psst, Max, please FedEx me a slice, will ya?)

And lastly, I sincerely hope you don't have the mumps! That sounds HORRIBLE.

DebraPants said...

MMMM... Your post has left me feeling quite hungry.

Hope it's not the mumps!

And I love the idea of celebrating 1/2 birthdays!

Simmons Family said...

I love that Santa was hitting on you.

Good job on the frosting, Max! Happy half birthday!

p.s. I hope you don't have the mumps.

Dainon. said...

Methinks Santa is giving his best "Come hither" look. Look closely. Look past the beard and you can almost see it.

Sara said...

Gross! I see it!

Michelle said...

I love that you said Smarties (The Canadian kind!) lol... I always joke that Rockets are Smarties, and Brent looks at me like I have two heads.

I hope you don't have the mumps, I bet it sucks. :(