Sunday, December 09, 2007

The Finger

Back home in Ontario, when we do this to someone:
...it is called giving them the finger. (That baby is giving you the finger!)

In Alberta, they call it "fingering", as in, "That baby just fingered me". Or, "Mommy, that guy who babysat us last night fingered me."

In Ontario, that means something much more...personal. Is Alberta the only place where people say this gross thing? I hate it so much. If my kids ever say it, they will be shipped back to Ontario until they learn how to speak properly again.

11 comments:

Michelle said...

That is SO WRONG.
So
Wrong.

Anonymous said...

Ontario is right...Alberta is VERY sick and wrong!

Jillian said...

Wrong....but hilarious.

Shannon said...

I didn't realize anyone said it differently. I was born here, please don't hold it against me!

Sara said...

Shannon, you're disgusting!

Bobbie said...

I snorted it was so funny... but ya. In my head it also means something VERY different than the "finger".

granolagirl said...

hahahahahahahahaha

Kipluck said...

Okay, yeah, Fingering does NOT mean flipping someone off/giving the finger/giving someone the bird here. OH MY HECK.

Eeew.

Shannon said...

On behalf of all the Albertans, at this very moment I'm fingering all of you who mock us!

Lesley said...

I just had really bad nightmares about a grade 9 party and Corrina Bloemen telling me a sick story...funnier still...my 9 year old niece said to my sister the other day "mommy, now I know what giving the finger means" after the two 'rents had a loud adult "discussion".

Sara said...

Awesome! I named my Corina after her.