Monday, December 03, 2007

Gingerbread House Nervous Breakdown

The kids came home yesterday. The only time we saw each other this past week was during the brief hospital visits, so we missed each other like crazy.

About an hour after the kids got home, a friend brought over the gingerbread house things they had at a party this weekend. We missed out on it because the kids were with their dad and I was sleeping. Things went well at first. Look how nice Max's house is!

Corina got hers put together, but then it fell apart. She got it put together again, but then....it fell apart again. And so did she.
I know it seems mean to take pictures of her while she's crying, but I was already standing right there with the camera taking pictures of Max, and, well...I like to document the sad moments sometimes too. So sue me.
Poor little girl. She had such a hard week. It was rough for her being away from me for so long and she was quite sad about it. She was very brave and well-behaved while I was in the hospital though. I think the gingerbread house issue just brought out all her stress from the week. She cried harder than I've seen her cry in a long time and she just couldn't stop. She slept with me last night and woke up much happier.

11 comments:

Bobbie said...

Those dang gingerbread houses can be such a pain!

Michelle said...

Poor Corina!!!!
It made me sad just seeing her look that sad. She always just looks so happy.. Poor thing!

Sherpa said...

Poor kid, I'm glad she's feeling better.

Sara said...

Which Michelle are you? Michelle S or Michelle F?

DebraPants said...

I'm glad you're back at home and with your kids. I hope you're doing better. I'm sure it wasn't easy on any of you to be apart like that. You're an awesome mom, and I'm sure both Max and Corina missed you bunches.

Daisy Paige said...

I can never get those gingerbread house kits to work for me. Poor girl. Bobbie should share a good 'house frosting' recipe with those of us whose homes fall apart after construction is complete.

BeQui said...

The kind of icing you need is "Royal Icing" because it's stiffer than the stuff in the cans. Here's a recipe if you want it:

http://www.wilton.com/recipes/recipesandprojects/icing/royal.cfm

Dainon. said...

Max's hair is awesome, by the way. Make sure he knows.

Sara said...

I told him you like his hair. He did his shy little smile that means he's quite proud.

Laurie said...

Max is totally cute. So is Corina, even when she cries.

For sure, I agree that she's releasing the pent up frustration, and it probably has very little to do with the actual gingerbread house. The thing I find fascinating about children (and I didn't realize this until I became a mom), is that they feel their pain, cry to get it out, then they move on, letting it all go. That's a gem of a lesson we get to learn as mothers, eh?

Shannon said...

I love pictures of kids crying. I take them of all my kids, and laugh at them. When they are done crying of course.