Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Corina is OUTSTANDING!

Corina got a very special citizenship award at school today. It was presented to her in front of the whole school, and the schoolboard superintendent and MLA Clint Dunford were there! (Oh la la...)

This is what her award says about her:
She always comes to school well prepared to meet the day, and demonstrates a positive attitude toward learning. She knows the routines and expectations at school and follows them, and sets a good example for others. She is always enthusiastic and ready to take on any challenge. She has a quiet confidence that demonstrates what a true leader she is. Corina always works hard and completes her assignments beautifully. Corina is a good friend to her classmates and is thoughtful, honest, and respectful to others, whether they are children or adults. She shows empathy and compassion to others and is always honest and trustworthy. Thank you Corina for being an excellent citizen of Galbraith School.

She looked so little and sweet in the assembly today. She didn't know she was getting the award, so the look on her face was pretty much worth a million bucks. I love her smile in this picture. She is so proud of herself, but she doesn't want to be a show-off about it, so she tries to hide the smile. CUTE.

I also like her New Kids on the Block necklace.

11 comments:

Laurie said...

AWW! I want to just kiss those cute little cheeks, she's so adorable!

Reading this story, it made me wonder what she'll grow up to become. I hope she goes into politics or the medical field or something... that kid is meant to change the world.

theqcontinuing said...

Yeah Corina! I'm so proud!!

Shannon said...

Yay for Corina! Too bad there aren't more nice girls like her in this world.

Daisy Paige said...

Way to go, Corina!

If she keeps this up, maybe she can petition NKOTB to make a Calgary appearance just for you!

Bethany said...

Great job, Corina! We're so happy for you!

CWE said...

Wow... that award said she was honest TWICE. She must be REALLY honest.

Hey, Corina... do these pants make my butt look big? BE HONEST.

Sara said...

Thanks for all the nice comments. It's fun to read them to Corina.

Sara said...

We posted at the same time!
I asked Corina about the pants. She looked scared, said "I don't know!", and then said "Ummm...no."

So there you have it.

CWE said...

Thanks, Corina!!

Laura said...

Well done, Corina! I think she's accomplished more than I have in my lifetime... and she's cuter than me.

Jillian said...

I kinda want to squeeze your kid. I like squeezing cute things.