Saturday, January 26, 2008

I feel like there's a fire in me.

This was my bedroom when I was a kid. There was this group called New Kids on the Block, and I may have had a slight obsession with them, and particularly with Donnie Wahlberg.
Here I am with that very New Kid, Donnie Wahlberg. I love him so.
I have been hearing news of this, but I wouldn't let myself believe it. I don't want to get excited about something and then have my heart RIPPED OUT OF MY CHEST.

But...but...

I'm starting to believe it!

Look. LOOK!!! HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

"After months of speculation and rumor, the Kids are coming back. A well-placed source tells PEOPLE exclusively that New Kids On The Block are indeed getting back together.

The band's Web site, http://www.nkotb.com/, which had been dormant, is now back up and running in anticipation of the official announcement, which the source says will be made in the next few weeks.

The site currently features a television graphic with a fuzzy, flickering photos of NKOTB in their heyday, and a link inviting fans to sign up for info.

The boy band, which made legions of tweens swoon in the early '90s, selling more than 50 million albums, became a worldwide phenomenon before calling it quits in 1994.

Eighteen years later, they're still "Hangin' Tough." The oldest "Kid," Jonathan Knight, now a real estate developer, will turn 40 later this year. Since the band's demise, former members Donnie Wahlberg, 38, and Joey McIntyre, 35, have seen acting success, while Danny Wood, 38, has worked as a music producer and Knight's brother, Jordan, 37, has continued to record. "

Okay, if this is true, I am going to be peeing my pants non-stop. I am also going to regret moving to Alberta SO HARD. If I still lived in London, there would be concerts in Detroit, Toronto, Buffalo, and possibly London too. I could go to all of them easily. Living here...there may be no concerts at all! And then I will die of a broken heart.

16 comments:

Sherpa said...

Um, maybe they'll come to Calgary?

CWE said...

I'm not even kidding you, my bedroom looked EXACTLY like that.

CWE said...

And also... that fire is called GONORRHEA.

Sara said...

They won't come to Calgary. Almost no one comes to Calgary.

Anonymous said...

I dated a guy that looked A LOT like Donnie Wahlberg...although I didn't realize it until after we broke up. (because (sorry) I wasn't a NKOTB fan) That's when I wanted to date him again just because he was so dang hot & I could have pretended he was Donnie. LOL

Sara said...

Who are you? I want to know!

Shannon said...

That anonymous post must have been Jon Knight!
If New Kids come to Calgary, I'd go with you Sara. You know, for moral support.

Sara said...

I wonder if Jon would even go on the tour. It would be interesting to watch him have a panic attack during the concert.

And that would be awesome if you came with me. Your fetus would love it!

Lesley said...

Hee, remember Jeff Barker? And how he "looked" like Donnie Wahlberg??? Ahh memories. I am totally going to this concert if it comes to Detroit or London. I saw Joey when he travelled with Dancing with the Stars. Yes, yes I really did. And I got to walk by him signing his new album. Because I'm a big geek!

Sara said...

Of course I remember Jeff Barker! I was nearly in love with him. Or his face, anyway.

Laurie said...

My husband on IM said:

"NKOTB... I wonder what they'll call themselves. How about WBATB: We've Been Around the Block"

*snicker... He obviously doesn't GET the awesomeness of it, does he. Shame.

chartie said...

It's happening! Check out the news story

chartie said...

At least the rumors are validated in the article.

Sara said...

After Danny posted the original message on Myspace, he posted another and said to watch www.nkotb.com. There's new stuff on there today. I AM SO EXCITED!

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kipluck said...

Oh my little sister my just have a spazz attack of joy when I tell her this. HALF of our shared room looked like yours. She was OBSESSED with Joey Joe.