Monday, January 07, 2008

It's my birthday today.

I usually blog more than this. I'm sure you've all been devastated by the lack of news about my life.

We had such an amazing time in Ontario and I hardly wanted to come back home. I visited with almost everyone in my family, and it was especially cool to hang out with my brother Brent and his wife Michelle. I hardly even knew Brent because he moved out when I was still little, but he's awesome to hang out with. And I love Michelle. I want to steal her for myself. This is a picture of Max with their daughter Winter. Winter sure loves him. This is how they watched tv. Cute!
I went to my family Christmas for the first time in 5 years. Only one of my 4 brothers (Nick) was there, but my 3 sisters (Dana, Katie, and Krista) and their kids came. Max and Corina loved all their cousin time.
Coming home was hard. I'm starting to think I might move back one of these days. Or one of these years, really. It wouldn't be any time soon. I'm not adjusting very well to being back in Lethbridge. I'm homesick and really overwhelmed with being back in school and doing everything all on my own. If anyone wants to come help me out, buy me a car, or give me lots of money, that would be great.

We always get a family picture done for Christmas, but this year with my hospital stay and all we were a little delayed in getting it done. We went to the photographers just before we left on our trip, so there were no pictures to put in Christmas cards. That's okay I suppose, since we didn't even bother sending out cards this year. I use my sickness as an excuse for that too.
We're so precious.

14 comments:

Jeff said...

What? No smile in the family photo?

Sara said...

I am smiling!

Bethany said...

We didn't send out Christmas cards, either, and I don't even have an illness to blame for it.

I'm glad you had so much fun with your family, and Max and Corina got a lot of cousin time!

So fun.

Daisy Paige said...

Happy birthday one day late!

We didn't send out Christmas cards, but mostly because no one cares about you until you have kids. And I had just emailed everyone with an update when we moved back to Utah. I'm sure we'll have plenty to say next Christmas.

PS - I really like your family photo. Corina literally looks like an angel!

Urbanfil said...

Happy Birthday ...et mes meilleurs voeux pour cette année 2008...God bless you and your family.
Pace and Respect...A fan of Cellar Door P''U

Sara said...

Thanks, French person. My brother lives in Quebec too. Maybe you're friends.

Kipluck said...

You could all be models. Even if it weren't your birthday I would say that.

Sara said...

Thanks! I'll tell the kids. They'll like that.

Laura said...

I don't think I've ever seen you wearing white before! You look so... clean?

Lesley said...

Awww, homesickness sucks! Hope you have a good January, looks like all you Slades had a good time (well, the ones who showed up of course hee!)

Sherpa said...

Hey, Happy Belated Birthday!

Shannon said...

Ok, your Birthday is over so stop celebrating and update your blog, would ya!

Sara said...

Bossy! I just did. I respond to bossy people.

Shannon said...

Really?
Do my laundry!!! (please?)