Saturday, January 12, 2008

We do things all the time.

Well, I just completed my first week of school, and I didn't really care for it. My classes seem okay, but the being awake all day part isn't really for me. During the whole ear extravaganza, I napped tons. I long for the day I can do that again. I'm not sure I'm really up to being back at school. I'm doing it though. I'm tough!

This week we had an exciting adventure in furniture making. Max put together a bookshelf almost on his own. Good job, buddy! Now he has somewhere to keep all his chapter books. The pile of books on the floor made us look poor.

Last night we went to the mall so Max could spend some of his Christmas money. He got that Circa shirt in the next picture, and also the necklace. It was made in Kenya out of antelope bone. Awesome! He's very proud of it and cannot stop talking about it.
("Mom, do you think this is paint? Do you think there are black bones? Which necklace would you have chosen? Did you know sometimes children have to make these necklaces? Do you think a child made mine? If he did, he did a really good job!")

When Corina got into her jammies last night, she turned into Elvis. Magic!

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Man, have I BEEN there with regards to not wanting to be at school! But it's super admirable that you're sticking it out!

Max, you look wicked awesome.

Corina, you're giving Dainon a run for his money. Atta girl.

Dainon. said...

Hey. Heard that.

theqcontinuing said...

I'm curious how your son already knows about sweat shops.

Sara said...

Max says he learned some about sweat shops from his teacher who taught in Kenya, and he also learned about them at the leadership seminar he went to.

Shannon said...

Congrats to Max on being proud of wearing something directly from a sweat shop. He'd better hope no sweat shop recruiters are in your area, because if they catch wind of how well he can build bookshelves...

CWE said...

I was thinking Corina looked a little more like Donald Trump actually.