Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Max knows the deal.


Max and I were discussing a book we just read called The City of Ember. The people of Ember don't know how to make more of anything they use, because everything they need was always in a storehouse supplied to them by The Builders. And now the people are running out of supplies. It's pretty scary stuff.

Max was a little worried, and he asked me, "You know how the city of Ember is running out of things...will that ever happen to us?"

Cute!

I wanted to reassure him about how smart people are, and that we know how to make more of all the things we have. I got this much out before he interrupted me - "Well no, because we don't have a storehouse full of things for us to use. We have..."

"China?"

2 comments:

bequi said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! China!

Laurie said...

That's seriously impressive. I can't believe he said that!