Friday, March 14, 2008

My Exciting News

For 5 years now I have been taking the bus everywhere I go. Errands that would only take 45 minutes with a car - like taking Corina to the doctor, then back to school, and then getting myself back to the college - take 3½ hours on the bus. And I am not kidding. I did some math and I figured out that I have spent 3.9 years out of the last 5 either waiting for a bus or riding on one. That's a lot.

Well guess what! Very very soon I will have a car of my own. Tomorrow I'm taking one for a test drive. If I don't like that one, there will be another. I will have a car by the end of the month. I am so excited about it that it's nearly all I think about!

I asked one of the bus drivers if they have good-bye parties for the regular riders when they buy cars. Apparently they don't. Rude.

13 comments:

Laurie said...

That is rude. They should at LEAST give you some fuzzy dice.

Jillian said...

Oh I totally think you should bring the party to the bus.

Congrats on the car!

tim & brandi said...

This reminds me of when it used to take me 2 1/2 hours to get to work 20 miles away. My drivers license was suspended for 2 years, and I got so tight with some of the bus drivers that I crocheted one of them a scarf for Christmas. I'm truly excited for you.

~b

deidra said...

How exciting! Congratulations. I agree, bring the party to the bus; I'm sure you would make a bus driver's day!

Sara said...

I took one for a test drive and I love it, but I think I should get one that's a little cheaper. That hurts me. Anyway, she's coming back in a few minutes with one that is less money. Oh well.

Sherpa said...

Very cool.

bequi said...

Less money is good, though! It means you'll have more money to spend on gas!

Bethany said...

Yay for you, Sara! Now, you'll be figuring how much money you spend in gas instead of how many hours you've spent on a bus. Sweet!

Shannon said...

Congrats on the car!!!!
I'm so glad you can use all your bus hours on something else now. Perhaps you should spend time driving past school yards with creepy old men... or not.

UncleBrent said...

If you spent 3.9 out of 5 years on the buss, that is somewhere between 12 and 16 hours a day involved in the bus.
Anyhow, I don't want you to do my taxes.. *grin*

Lesley said...

Not having to take the bus is the party. Oh wait...that's just if you're taking the 13A Wellington Raod bus in London...carry on...

Kris Torp said...

Drive next to the bus while having a party in your car and rub it in to everyone still riding the bus.

Sara said...

I'm getting my car tomorrow!