Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Good times in an elevator.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/video/2008/04/21/080421_elevators/?yrail
I don't know how to put that video on my blog, so there's the link for it.

"This week in the magazine, Nick Paumgarten writes about the lives of elevators, and tells the story of Nicholas White, who was trapped in an elevator in New York City’s McGraw-Hill building for forty-one hours. Here is a condensed look at White’s ordeal, as captured by the building’s security cameras."

It nearly made me cry, and I don't cry easily. (Or at all. I didn't actually cry.)

7 comments:

CWE said...

That would be awful. I admit though that I kept watching only to see if it was noticeable when he soiled himself.

Brien said...

Dang....

bequi said...

That poor poor guy. Did you read any articles about it? It said the guy pulled out the emergency alarm button and the alarm got stuck on for the ENTIRE TIME.

Sara said...

I read the 8 page New Yorker article. As if they couldn't have made it longer!

It said he pulled it out like that on purpose, but then he put it back in for a while, and did some morse code with it as well. At least I think that's what it said. My mind wandered a lot because of the 8 pages.

Shannon said...

I don't understand what the big deal is? Perhaps I'm insensitive? Aside from getting thirsty and a little hungry and really bored it seems to me to be a good opportunity to catch up on sleep. Why freak out, it's not like your going to die in there.

Sara said...

Wow...I can't believe you are even less sensitive than me. That's sick!

Shannon said...

I'm super sensitive. Cell phone commercials have been known to make me shed tears, but it was a freakin elevator!!!! Who the heck cares?!?!?!?!