Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Adult News

I pretty much have a job. This is the first time I've had a job in many, many years, so it's big news. I've been hired by the school board for the sub list. Interviews and orientation were scary, but I did really well and the people who matter liked me very much. Tonight I got called to work at a west side school on Monday, which is my first day of availability since I only finish school tomorrow. I'm a little bit nervous to walk into a school I've never been in before and just start working, but I'm sure it will work out okay. I'm all grown up! The next step is finding a permanent position somewhere.

6 comments:

Jillian said...

Congrats!!

I'm sure that serious face (from your grad pic) will do you well in the way of classroom discipline. Let 'em be scared of you, especially when you are subbing. Fear is a great motivational tool.

Laurie said...

Awesome news! How exciting!

You guys need to go to dinner or something and celebrate!

Dainon. said...

With jobs come the money. You're gonna be so steenkin' rich.

Sherpa said...

Congrats!

Shannon said...

Exciting and nerve wracking at the same time! You're going to be great!

Sara said...

Thank you thank you. I bought myself a donut today to celebrate.