Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Stupid Enmax and their stupid seats.

I bought my Alice Cooper tickets last week, and I got three 12th row seats. I figured those were okay seats, but I wished we had better. I'm worried everyone will stand the whole time and Corina won't be able to see a thing. I'm way too weak to hold a kid on my shoulders.

Anyway, tonight I was curious what kind of seats are left, so I looked it up on the site. And guess what! If I had waited until tonight to buy the tickets, I could have three 8th row seats instead of 12th row. How in the crap does that make any sense?? When I bought the tickets a week ago 12th row was the best they could give me. Did the 8th row just grow three more chairs? And what if I had bought the tickets yesterday? Maybe then I could have been ON THE FREAKING STAGE.

I'm mad. Can you tell?

10 comments:

Dainon. said...

As an avid concert-goer, I feel your pain. None of those places will do much to cater to the people trying to come and see a band they really, really like ... usually they will stagger seats, offering better ones later and so on. The whole industry definitely does NOT work on a "first come, first served" basis. I think scalped tix are one of the reasons why, if you want my honest opinion. I'm sure you three will see fine, however ... just make sure you pack earplugs, m'kay?

Sara said...

Thank you for acknowledging the pain. That helps. I had never heard about staggering the seats. That doesn't even make sense! Of course the people buying them as soon as they go on sale are the ones who want to be in the front rows, so why would they give those good tickets to the suckers who don't even care? Grr. I had insomnia over this last night. I'm slowly getting over it.

I'm bringing earplugs for all of us, and I'm also bringing two stools for the kids to stand on to make sure they can see. The kids don't understand why they have to wear earplugs, but they'll figure it out pretty quickly once the music starts.

Lesley said...

If the place you're going to is anything like the JLC, the problem is that they fill up all the bad seats first for some odd reason.

I think it's pretty cool that you're taking them to see Alice Cooper.

Sara said...

Yeah, that's what I'm starting to hear from lots of people. It makes no sense! Durr.

Shannon said...

I'm going to buy those 8th row seats and turn around and laugh at you throughout the whole concert.
Sleep well, Princess.

Sara said...

Rude!

Dainon. said...

I just want to come up and watch your kids watching Alice. I think that would be more entertaining than "Feed My Frankenstein".

Sara said...

I really enjoyed watching the kids watch Grease, and I imagine this will be even better.

As for the tickets, I went to the Enmax today and they let me exchange the tickets for 9th row right in the very centre, which is better than our 12th row way off to the side. The girl said these better tickets "just became available the other day". As if it was magic.

Dainon. said...

Black magic follows Alice pretty much everywhere. Or didn't you know that? Did you sell somebody's soul?

Shannon said...

That's great news. Now you will get a perfect view of my backside.