Saturday, April 19, 2008

Things from my life

This calculator:
I bought it for grade eight math. It's the only calculator I have ever owned. I used it all through high school, and all through my adult life. It lives right beside my computer and I use it many times a week. I think that's kind of neat, but that's not all. This calculator takes two AA batteries, and the batteries in it right now are the ones that came with it when I bought it at Woolco twenty years ago. How is that even possible? HOW??? I am amazed. I remember being amazed at the long life of these batteries back when I was a teenager, and since then I have been waiting for the day they finally give up. I think they're magic.

The calculator has a partner, and it is this:
Scott Lamont was my boyfriend in grade 5. He bought me this ruler, and I have never bought myself another ruler since. I used it all through high school, and I used it in college to make baseline graphs and such. I'll probably get buried with both it and the calculator. But then maybe the calculator's ultra-powerful batteries will bring me back to life and I'll have to dig my way out of my grave. With my ruler!

(I didn't intend to write that last part about being buried. It just sort of happened while I typed. Welcome to my brain.)

9 comments:

JLM said...

Oh yeah, I meant to tell you ... a couple of years ago when I was at your house I noticed your calculator didn't work, so I changed the batteries for you.
Sorry. But its still a good story.

Sara said...

Thanks for being a LIAR!!!

Laurie said...

Lucky! I swear I change Micah's toy batteries every week! Now I think the people at Energizer Batteries are in bed with the people at Fischer Price...

By the way, loved your stories. That was fun.

brent said...

Ha ha. How can you be so sure, though?

You are a great steward of your possessions, lemme just say.

brent said...

Oh, and the fact that you have friends who carry AA batteries on their person just shows how many people love you.

Shannon said...

That was a great story. I can completely picture you digging yourself out of your grave with a ruler, too. That's special.

Bethany said...

I'm amazed. With all of it.

Lesley said...

Oh Scott Lamont...whatever happened to all those boys??? Hee!

Sara said...

Scott had a baby a long time ago and named him Gunnar. And Scott lost his front tooth. That's mostly all I know about him.