Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Max's Birthday!

Max turned 11 today. Time sure does fly by. He used to be so little. He used to be not even alive yet. And now look at him, all big and alive. It's amazing. So now my kids are 7 and 11, which we think is very cool. I told them I'm going to punch them in the nose to see if Slurpee comes out. (I'll let you all know.)
We went to Arby's (Max's choice) for his birthday supper, and then we went for cheesecake after that. I wanted mozzarella sticks at Arby's, even though pretty much nowhere has good ones that are actually hot and melty and food-like inside. These ones were good though, and the kids couldn't believe how much the cheese stretched. Turns out, now that I think about it, they have never had good mozzarella sticks in their life. I miss Cheap Charlie's in London. Jen Pryke and I used to go there every weekend for mozzarella sticks. That's how awesome we were.
Corina took this nice picture of Mommy and Max.
And then she wouldn't stop taking pictures. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks these pictures are funny. That's okay. I think they're really funny. She took about 10 pictures in a row, and after she took each one she would laugh and make fun of us for how we looked in it.

This is when Max and I started laughing at how weird Corina is. I love the bond that comes from making fun of someone else together. (We love you Corina!)

6 comments:

Bethany said...

Hey! My *birthday* is 7-11!

Can I come to Arby's with you next time?

bequi said...

Bethany, did you know you get a FREE SLURPEE on your birthday?! No joke!!

Shannon said...

Those pictures are awesome. They look like they are out of an arby's commercial.
Happy Birthday, Max!

Bethany said...

Yes, I did know. :) Everyone gets a free little slurpee, but I talk them into letting me have a large one.

Daisy Paige said...

Hmmm...curly fries sound pretty good right now.

Lesley said...

Ahh Cheap Charlie's. Wasn't that the place with the rodent problem? I can't remember....it's closed now. I think it's a gym. Which would be even funnier since it served liquor and good food!