Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Donnie's Reebok Commercial

I only needed to hear half a syllable to know that was my Donnie. His voice is like a familiar smell from childhood, bringing me back. I smell old coffee grounds and I'm back at my grandparents' cottage. I hear Donnie's voice and I'm 14 again, listening to cassette tapes of Donnie interviews while I fall asleep...until the tape ends, noisily snaps off, and wakes me up. That's when I would flip it over, listen to the other side while I slept, and then flip it again half an hour later. All night long. I didn't say it was healthy, but it should help you understand why his voice feels like home.

He is so freaking adorable.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Ok, I was scared before but now I'm terrified. For you and for Donny.

Sara said...

You only needed to be terrified when I was a teenager. We're safe now.

bequi said...

I bet you wish you were the guy at the end who got to pat his butt. I mean! Back!

Laurie said...

He's dreamy. But why did they keep showing all those dudes that we don't care about? I was getting antsy half way through... A-HEM back to Donnie, please.

Sara said...

Word.