Sunday, June 15, 2008

Mean Mommy

Today Max and I were fake-arguing about candy. Corina came over to us, snapped her fingers once, and pointed at us with a serious face. She and Max then burst out laughing. I had no idea what was so funny. It was a in-joke that I wasn't in on! How rude.

Anyway, apparently that is exactly what I do when I'm cross. Snap once and then point. The kids were dying laughing, acting it out over and over. It was like I had grown children. (That's the kind of thing we do as adults, right? Talk about the funny things our parents did and make fun of them.)

I told them they're pretty lucky that's all I do when I'm mad. When they grow up and their friends are talking about the beatings their parents gave them, all they'll have to say is their mom snapped her fingers and pointed. Oh, and once...one horrible night in June when they weren't getting along about sharing the sink and it got to be too much...mommy didn't sing them their bedtime songs.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

A snap and finger pointing? Wow, you ARE the devil.

bequi said...

We had a girl's night the other night and of course it turned into parent-bashing. Everyone's like, "My mom BEAT ME!" Or, "Once, my dad HIT ME WITH A 2x4!" I'm like, "Wow. All my mom did was lock us in the backyard when she wanted to take a nap and refuse to let us back in to go to the bathroom so we'd have to pee in the window wells."

Sara said...

My mom used to lock us out so she could sleep too. Mean.

Lesley said...

You know you're old when...

Actually, I'm still a kid, because I laugh when my sister gives her kids trouble and she threatens to punish me too!