Wednesday, June 25, 2008

No, I'm not making him get a job. He's just a baby!

Look how excited Max is:
And no wonder. In his hand is an application for "THE BEST JOB YOU MAY EVER HAVE".

At Burger King.

If the best job you ever had is at Burger King, then I imagine you're poor. And homeless. And like to murder people for drug money.

But really, if your applications are so stupid they even make eleven-year-olds laugh at your company, then you're doing something wrong.

Here's my Corina playing with one of her best friends. I was watching them make a book together, and I had a thought. If someone had shown me this picture ten years ago and told me one of these kids would be my daughter, I sure would have guessed wrong which one it was. The other girl looks just like me when I was little. (Yes, I used to tan. I don't know what happened.) I never would have guessed I'd have a little girl who looks like Cinderella.

I had a meeting with Corina's teacher about next year. They did some assessments for Corina a bit ago, and she's at a grade 5.6 level. That kind of sucks for her. She's 4 grades ahead of where she should be, which means that even if they skipped her, she'd still be bored. They're creating a modified program for her for next year, and the teacher suggested she do some of the same work Max brings home from middle school next year. Hilarious. She's going to be Doogie Howser. And she's going to make lots of money for me.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Ha! At Burger King.

And way to go, Corina! Smart girl! (Wonder where she gets it from, A+ lady.)

Jasmine said...

I knew Corina was a bright girl, but I didn't know she was THAT bright! Wow! That's a lot like Emmy at that age, way above her grade level and everyone else in her class. How does Max feel about Corina doing the same school work as him? Is he OK with that?

Sara said...

I think he's okay with it. He's a little brainiac too, so he's mostly just excited for her. She has been doing a lot of his grade five projects this year and handing them in, and he loved working with her. They're a good little team.

John-E-Boi said...

I don't know...I'm thinking sometimes that I peaked at age 16 when I worked for McDonalds....maybe they have it right!