Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Was Cloned. Sort of.

When I was in grade five and in the beginning of grade six, I was kind of a tomboy. I was a pretty tough kid, and I actually looked like a boy. One of my worst childhood memories is from when I was 11. A big boy approached me and sneered, "Are you a boy or a girl?" Gah! Not fun. I was totally humiliated.

Lately I've been thinking Max is looking even more like me, which I didn't think was possible. Max is now going into grade six, so I searched out my grade six school picture to compare to his. And....check this out.





















Is that even normal? Should we really look like the same person, just 22 years apart? Does this mean Max is going to grow up to be a lady? Do I look like a man? I'm so confused. Max said he felt like he was looking at a picture of himself when he saw this.

My hairstyle was not cool back then. I'm not sure why I did that to myself.

11 comments:

Amy said...

Max is very handsome, and will grow up to be a very handsome man. No worries. I had a similar problem. My brother and I looked a lot alike, and in High School I had a picture of him (aged 12 years old) in my locker. Some chick passed my locker and said, "Amy I didn't know you used to have short hair." Gah!

Anonymous said...

Everyone called Krista "Brent" for much of public school (teachers, I mean) and she turned out just fine :)

Sara said...

Hey, who are you?

Kristi said...

What's with your sweater? You're like Bill Cosby's twin too....

Sara said...

Don't make fun of my clothes. We were very poor. Mean!

Daisy Paige said...

Even though you had short hair, you looked like a girl. And even though he has longer hair, Max looks like a boy.

All is well.

Shannon said...

What happened to my comment? It was the nicest comment I've possibly ever given you, or anyone!

Sara said...

I have no unmoderated comments, so say it again!

Shannon said...

I heard something once that said that the most beautiful people in the world have physical attributes or can look both like a male or a female. And I'm positive they meant people like you, not transvestites.

Sara said...

Oh, it's truuuuuuuuuuuuuuue.
Thanks, lovey.

(Get that baby out of you.)

Lesley said...

Considering I grew up with you (and had the same hair style as that one at some point...and actually, I had on a sweater over a button down shirt and looked very boyish but not so much since the sweater was pink...) I know you didn't look like a boy. School photos are deceiving. They all look bad.

Tell Max that at least when he grows up he won't be ugly!