Wednesday, September 03, 2008

The Block

I may have mentioned previously that New Kids on the Block have reunited and turned me back into the crazy person I was when I was a teenager. (All their fault. I take no responsibility.)
The new cd, The Block, is out now. Did you wonder if I love it? Well I doooooooooooooo!

When we brought it into the house, Corina and I stood in front of the cd player together. A big moment. I held the cd in my hands and at first I couldn't even bring myself to open it. It has been SO LONG since I last opened a brand new New Kids cd, and I couldn't believe I was finally doing it again.

After a moment of silence, and with appropriate reverence, I gently and lovingly took the wrapper off and opened the case. Beeeeeeeeeautiful pictures inside. Pictures that can make girls cry, even.

And then it was time to listen. Okay, I admit I'd already heard all the songs because I'm very sneaky, but I had never heard them in the proper cd format, and I tried to only half-listen those times so I could really enjoy it the real time. This time, the real time, I listened intently and I adore the whole thing. I've been listening for about 7 hours straight today. Yay!

I did something today I've never done before. My very favourite new song, Close To Me, wasn't even on the cd. Nice way to make me cross, Donnie! Turns out that one is only available if you download the entire cd from iTunes. So guess what I did! I learned what iTunes is, and I downloaded the cd. After that I learned how to...burn it? Is that what it's called? Anyway, it's on a cd now. I feel so young and hip.

What a glorious, New Kids-filled week!

Oh yeah, new job is good, I like kids, teaching is cool, blah blah blah.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

I'm impressed. There was a song that I wanted once that was only available on iTunes, so I downloaded iTunes, bought the song, and then couldn't figure out how to play it anywhere except for in the iTunes program. It was gay.

One day you'll have to give me lessons.