Tuesday, September 02, 2008

First Day of School

Big day today! Corina started grade two. Max started grade six, which means he's at the middle school now. And I started actually having children to work with at my school, which is much more fun than the adult meetings of last week.

This morning all three of us woke up at exactly 5:44. We aren't sure why that happened, but it did. Max got back to sleep, but Corina and I just stayed up and got ready really early. Here's my beautiful Corina, all ready for school way too early in the morning. Look how pretty!

Here's my big boy Max at a more reasonable hour.
And here they are pretending to be heading out the door to school. We weren't really leaving yet. We didn't even go out that door, and they aren't wearing shoes. We're fakers!

We all get home pretty near the same time as each other at the end of the day, which is really nice. We all had exciting stories to share, but Corina won the prize for most exciting.

"Mommy, we have to watch CTV news tonight, because I'm on it! The guy asked if he could watch me colour, and then he watched me colour for SO LONG!"

Here's my superstar's newscast. There's a great closeup of Corina's face while she's colouring, and then a lovely closeup of her hand. Good job, Corina!


video

Max's best story is that there's a kid named Judas in his class. JUDAS. Wha???

My best story is that I wore new, very dark jeans to work and now my legs are blue like corpse legs. I'm never going to wash my legs again!

2 comments:

Krispy said...

Tina Fey is a reporter in Lethbridge?

Sara said...

I wondered why no one made a comment about that earlier.