Saturday, September 20, 2008

I don't hide behind my hair anymore.

Did you know I've always hidden behind my hair? It's true. My hair has been my shield for many years. I truly felt like people couldn't get to me or know me because my hair protected me. I know it doesn't make any sense, so shut up.
(I love this picture!)
All year I've been prepping for this. See how I prepped? Baby steps.
HOLY CRAP LOOK WHAT I DID!
There's nothing to hide behind now, sir.
I am exposed. Now you can get to me. Now you can know me. Or maybe I'll just build a different kind of wall around myself...we shall see!
Goodness gracious...

Don't say mean things.
(Anyone want to count my ribs in that one picture? Sick.)

13 comments:

kyles anima said...

it looks good!

Sara said...

Thanks! Really.

Laurie said...

Few girls can pull off the pixie cut... and on you, it's stunning!

Dainon. said...

Can't you put a New Kids spin on this change somehow? I mean, where's the dedication?

Bethany said...

Whoa! I'm so proud of you. Like I had anything to do with it.

You look fabulous, of course. (But, you could stand to eat a hamburger or three.)

Sara said...

The New Kids spin is that after I got it cut, I went to the movies to see Righteous Kill. Donnie's in that one.

Sherpa said...

Love it!

Michelle said...

Oh Sara I LOVE IT.
You have the perfect face for that kind of cut! Love it, love it!

Get yourself some hair goodies, like a little pot of hair wax (Garnier Fructis is a good one!)
I had a lot of fun with that stuff when my hair was short like that :)

Anonymous said...

We both had the same idea, it seems!
After 20+ years, I've cut my hair too and it's as short as yours.
"We're Twins" they cried.
-Brent

Sara said...

Brent, I want to see! Can you email me a picture?

Lesley said...

I think it looks awesome and good on you for doing it. It does take a strong person to just say "cut it off!" and to enjoy it. You look fantastic and it's just hair...if it really bothers you in the future, you can always grow it back. But I think it looks awesome so keep it! Can't wait to hear what the kids had to say!

M&M&m said...

Look at you, brave woman! The Sara I knew in Lethbridge would never have dreamed, and here you are! I wasn't sure what to think at first, to be honest, but it's growing on me (I'm used to "long-hair-Sara"). Okay... that sounds like a new breed of dinosaur or something. Either way, now that I'm rambling, you look gorgeous.

Sara said...

I think I'm a lot different than I was when we moved here five years ago. You're right...Sara from then would never dream of it.

The kids should be home any minute. I'm scared to show them! They'll be way too honest.