Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I scare children without even trying.

I'm still just getting to know my students and their awesomeness. Yesterday I was standing near a grade three boy I shall call Bruce. (FOIP! Ack!) Bruce was quietly working, and then suddenly he gasped and jerked back. I looked down at him to see what was wrong, and he was looking up at me with a terrified expression on his face. And then he said, "You're a witch!"

Pardon?

"Your fingers are too long! You look like a witch!"

He was genuinely scared of me.

HA!

My fingers are kind of long. Good thing he didn't see how long my toes are or he might have peed his pants.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

FOIP? Am I the only one who doesn't know what this is?

Also - We could BOTH be witches! I have eerily long fingers and toes, too.

*cackle*

Sara said...

It's the freedom of information and protection of privacy act. If I break it, the principal beats me up.

Kristi said...

I thought witches had long noses and trolls had long fingers.... Nothing personal.

Michelle said...

An adult man I worked with one time was watching me work and said "Your hands look like spiders, cause your fingers are just way too long and spindly." I poured an entire bottle of coke into his desk drawer later that day. I'm so nice.

I guess you and Bethany and I can all be witches together.