Sunday, October 05, 2008

Booster Seats - Trying to kill your kids!

Fear fear fear!

Apparently booster seats for big kids have sucked for a while. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety did a study in which they found "Most booster seats have evil spirits inside them, and want to murder children who are under 4'9" and weigh less than 80 lbs".

That may not have been an exact quote, but this is a blog. Why are you using it to get your news?

You can read about this on Safe Mama, but it's also all over the news. Real news.

Here are the only booster seats they called a "best bet":
Graco TurboBooster backless with clip
Fisher-Price Safe Voyage backless with clip
Combi Kobuk backless with clip
Fisher-Price Safe Voyage
Britax Parkway
LaRoche Bros. Teddy Bear
Safeguard Go backless with clip
Volvo booster cushion
Recaro Young Style
Britax Monarch

Of course there's no need to rush out and buy a new booster seat. Well...unless you love your kid, and then you'll run out this weekend and buy a new one like I did. We got a Graco TurboBooster backless with clip , and it was only $30. I figure Corina's worth it.
See? Her shirt is red because we bought it that way, instead of being soaked in blood from her old booster seat knifing her. Saaaaaaaaaaaafe.

6 comments:

bequi said...

I found this post so funny and informative that I forwarded it to all my sisters with kids in booster seats.

Sara said...

I'm just here to save lives...

Shannon said...

Thanks for informing me. When my little ones get to booster seats I'm for sure coming back here to get that list.

Krispy said...

It's so weird how things have changed. My booster seat was the armrest next to my grandpa in his station wagon. Next best seat in the car? The very back. Thank goodness I'm still alive.

Bethany said...

Wow, we already had a Graco TurboBooster for Hailey without even knowing about this! Yay us.

Crunchy Chicken said...

We've got, I think, 4 of those TurboBoosters for our cars and for Grandma's (her car, not for Grandma). The little cupholders are great for storing Legos.