Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Some Conversations Should Be Private

Recently I was in a public place. I'm being vague in case someone involved happens upon my blog, because that way I can say, "Wasn't me! Similar but different!".

I overheard a very loud conversation between a husband and wife in a super populated location. One spouse was telling the other about hitting a pedestrian that day. And then when this person saw the pedestrian get back up, he/she drove away. I mean she/he drove away without stopping, even. The person just looked back, saw that the pedestrian got up, and drove away.
*gasp*

There was no shame at all in the conversation. There was actually blame placed on the person who was hit by a car!


Yes, I called the police. I didn't want to be involved, but I suppose I kind of have to. It's part of being a responsible member of our community, which is what we're teaching the kids at school.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Yeah. I agree that all incriminating conversations should be kept behind your own closed doors. Dummies.

Steve said...

Good for you! That is a felony in most places!!!! I've never understood how someone could do that. I mean, tap someon's bumper while parking, ok, but to knock another person down and leave them..... That is horrible!

Lesley said...

Wow, happened to a friend of mine this weekend...she was hit by a person backing out of a parking spot and was actually knocked down...the person just drove away! In a crowded parking lot! Shame!

Lesley said...

Wow, happened to a friend of mine this weekend...she was hit by a person backing out of a parking spot and was actually knocked down...the person just drove away! In a crowded parking lot! Shame!

bequi said...

holy crap!!