Friday, February 20, 2009

Our Big Trip to Calgary

All three of us had the week off, so we really needed to do something super exciting. Nothing could be more exciting than a death drive to Calgary!

Really now. That's the best driving conditions Alberta can give us? The fog was like that for about 45 minutes. It was very scary.

We did manage to make it there alive, and spent about 14 hours at Chuck E Cheese. We love that place. LOVE.

This is the roller coaster simulator, because there's nothing better than not the real thing.
Max was totally excited to get his picture taken with Chuck. Chuck E. Chuck E Cheese? Is that is full name? I'm not sure how that works.
The part I liked the best was when the kids ran out of tokens. They knew I wasn't going to buy more, so instead of complaining, they turned into scavengers. They searched the place, looking for lost tokens and forgotten tickets. They were hilarious! They did that for at least 2 hours. They got over 70 tickets, and probably at least 10 to 15 tokens. I think they had more fun doing that than playing with the 124 tokens I bought for them.
This picture is important because my boots are really cute.
The kids chose Red Lobster for dinner, because we don't have one in Lethbridge. It's a special treat. I'm always so proud of my kids when they eat weird food. When I was their age I didn't even know what a nectarine was, and look at Corina eating a CRAB'S LEG!!! Who knew such a thing was possible?
We have so much fun together. We really do.

4 comments:

Steve said...

Looks like a fun trip! I had my bday party at Check E Cheese's just a few years ago, haha.

Jillian said...

Good for Corina. If by some quirk of fate I ever have children of my own....they are so going to learn to try new foods. Picky eaters annoy me.

The three M's... said...

Okay, I'm feeling jealous -- I haven't been to Chuck E Cheese since I was like 13 years old, and I have always wanted to go to Red Lobster. Will you adopt me and take me next time? :o)

Sara said...

You can come with us next time!