Saturday, March 14, 2009

Emotional weekend. Goodness.

My Corina...
...is the type of girl who calls her mommy in the middle of the night from a sleepover, whispering that she needs to come home. Is it wrong to love that? I thought it was sweet. She loves me.

My Max...
...went to a birthday party today. The neighborhood bully, who is currently suspended from school for fighting, was also there. 1½ hours after I dropped Max off, I got a phone call. Max had been beaten up by the little asshole in the middle of the birthday party. My tiny Max who wouldn't hurt a fly! The kid used Max's hair against him, pulling it with one hand while he punched him with the other, and then "sacked him", as Max put it. I drove over there as fast as I could, worrying the whole way there that I was about to beat up a middle school kid. By the time I got there I was calm enough to not punch the asshole kid, but I didn't calm down enough to avoid saying, "If you ever touch Max again, it'll be me you're fighting, and I'LL PUNCH YOU RIGHT IN YOUR STUPID FACE - DO YOU UNDERSTAND??!!!
I think he understood. Good thing the drive took a few minutes, because I don't know if I would have been able to control my temper had I gotten there quicker. My talent is certainly not in controlling my temper, and if you touch my baby, well...you're pretty damn stupid.

10 comments:

John-E-Boi said...

YEAH!!!

Kick his Ass Sea-Bass!

Bethany said...

Oh my goodness!

Where in the world were the parents of the birthday party when Max was being beaten???

Max might not remember me very well, but I wish I could give him a hug.

p.s. I love that Corina called you, too.

Michelle said...

Where was the mother/adult/some sort of supervision during the birthday party? I think you should have threatened her instead. That's ridiculous!

Sara said...

The parents were in a different part of the house. The mom pulled the kid off Max, but not soon enough.

Lesley said...

Wonder if she would have pulled you off the kid faster? Fucking bullies. I hate them! Hopefully Max is ok! And it's totally adorable that Corina called you and you love it!

The Mostess said...

Don't mess with the Mama cub!!

Daisy Paige said...

I can't believe that happened at a birthday party. Good thing your temper isn't as bad as mine else you still would have beat that brat to a bloody pulp and probably been hauled away in handcuffs. Then you'd make the nightly news and lose your teaching job. Next thing you know, your kids are in protective services, your ordered to go through therapy, and your whole life is down the toilet because of one little punk-ass kid.

I'm glad that didn't happen, except now I'm even more angry just thinking about it.

bequi said...

I called my mom when I was at a sleepover cuz they were watching rated r movies. She picked me up and took me for pizza and ice cream because I was brave to leave the situation. I love my mommy and I love you.

If you want, I'll come hit the kid with my car and then no one can trace it to you. ;-)

Shannon said...

Holy smokes. That story makes my stomach turn. Bullies are the WORST! And quite frankly it scares me to death how out of control some kids are these days and just how serious these issues can be. I hate the fact that my kids have to go to school. I'm glad that Max is ok and that you aren't in jail for beating up a kid.

CarrieAnne said...

You should call up your crazy neighbor and tell her that there's a kid out there that is skinnier than you..then give her this kid's address..and wait. Sooner of later she's gonna have to run him down!