Sunday, March 01, 2009

Pinky and Baby Pinky!

This is a picture of me and my older sister Dana., thirty-something years ago. I like pictures like this because I can look around at the objects in the room, such as the old Fisher Price parking garage that we used to play with all the time. I'm not sure why parking was such fun for children in the 70s, but it really was.

This picture is super sweet, because (Big) Pinky is in it. You can probably guess that Pinky is the huge, pink doll I'm putting on the rocking horse. She was one of my very favourite dolls.

This is me in the hospital because my face went crazy. Look closely - you'll see the crazy. You'll also see my leg all tied down to the bed. Aww...poor me. Now look beside me on the bed. You'll see Baby Pinky! She was my other favourite. I got her after I got the bigger one. Big Pinky used to just be Pinky, you see. My mom says I used to constantly ask her, "What should I name my Baby Pinky?" Finally she told me to name the damn thing Baby Pinky, and I did.
I really love my dollies. They live in Corina's room, but they are MINE ALL MINE!

See how emotional I get because of my love for them? Or maybe it was hair in my eyes. I can't remember now.

I never throw things out. For someone so cruel and heartless, I'm awfully sentimental.

11 comments:

brent said...

Wow...for being 30+ years old, those broads have held up remarkably well! I need to turn my face into plastic, stat!

brent said...

Also, I feel badly for Baby Sara. (Big) Sara is fine now, but I wonder what happened to poor Baby Sara's sweet face. A palsy, perhaps?

Sara said...

Poor baby Sara got a bunch of boils on the side of her nose for no good reason. Big Sara feels all better, thank you, but she does have scars.

Shannon said...

Your hair has grown a lot since November. You're practically a chia pet.

Sara said...

I know! My mom was trying to scare me about it. "But Sara, Donnie likes your short hair!"
Too bad, Donnie. I'm growing it.

The Mostess said...

If Donnie likes it short, please grow it long. Stat.

Sara said...

K! I can love him for both of us, since you're already married!

The Mostess said...

I see the logic, but I don't want to share him!! It's because you look like freakin' Posh. Which means you can pull Donnie and Becks. If I didn't like you, I would hate you.

Sara said...

I won't be greedy though. I'll save Becks for you. :)

The Mostess said...

Thanks. On the upside, I kind of resemble Rebecca Loos, the skank he cheated on Posh with. So maybe I am his type after all! Let's hope.

The three M's... said...

Weird fry lady here... You made me laugh so hard! Grape guy was definitely more weird -- you offered the fries! :o) It was good to see you too!