Thursday, April 02, 2009

Ol' Trumpety Max

Max has music news! He and his best friend Mr Trumpet went to Kiwanis Music Festival twice last week. First he performed with his grade 6 band, where they got a mark of Superior. (That's a very good mark!)

The second performance was with the Jazz Band. That's for the grade 7 and 8 kids, but Max was invited to join because he's just that good. Unfortunately their music teacher was home with diarrhea that day and they had to have a stranger conduct for them, but even so, they scored an Excellent. Yay Max!

I couldn't go to either performance because they were during the day, and I'm a grown-up with a job. That part sucked.

Next week Max's jazz band is opening for a play at the Yates for 3 nights in a row.

I'm so glad he's into music finally. We tried violin for years and he never really loved it. We tried piano and he didn't care for that either. I'm glad we didn't give up on music, because he loves his trumpet. He talks about getting a part time job so he can buy more trumpets. That's just adorable.

3 comments:

Jaclyn said...

That's awesome, Sara. Remember our days in LYSYS? I am so glad we had the opportunity and talent to play in that orchestra. It was a good outlet for me at the time. I hope Max has as many wonderful "music memories" as I do.

Sara said...

Of course I remember! I loved that orchestra. I wish we had stayed with it longer.

Shauna said...

You're right. That is adorable. :)