Saturday, June 13, 2009

I Built a Lamp!

Before:
After:

Am I proud of myself? Oh yeah.
Do I appear insane while I build lamps? Another yeah.

I don't really love that kind of job, and I'm not super confident with such things. I'm very against negative self-talk though. When things aren't going well, I am careful not to say things like, "I can't do it! It's too hard! I suck at this!"
Instead, if you were watching me, you'd hear things like this over and over:

"You're doing a great job! That's okay...you can just do that part again and it will be fine. Good girl! Aaaaaaannnnd....GOOD! That's SO GOOD!!!" Nice things to say, but perhaps a little creepy when I'm home alone.

I love my lamp.

3 comments:

Jillian said...

I hear that self work/talk can make you go blind.

Steve said...

And give you hairy palms!

You should hear the stuff I say when putting that sort of stuff together! I'll just have to tell my daughter that those four letter words are Swedish instructions!

Rebecca said...

Nice lamp - and good for you with the positive self-talk.