Thursday, July 30, 2009

My kids grew up once we hit the splashpark.

Today Corina was in a bathing suit and I was a bit of a distance away from her. Those two things have not happened simultaneously in quite a while, and I guess I saw her objectively for a few seconds. I was shocked, SHOCKED I say, to see how long and skinny and toothpicky she is. It looks like it would hurt to hug her.


And this...this...when the hell did this happen?
Max now sits in a chair at the splashpark and watches little kids play?
MAX!!! What is happening to you?? TURN INTO MY BABY RIGHT NOW!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. You don't know me, but I commented on your blog last year about the whole Prop Hate thing. I was on a mutual friend's website and remembered your blog and decided to drop on by. I remember I like your blog.

Anyway, all of that rambling out of the way: I only have a 16 month-old baby so I really can't relate, but I've had some of these feelings today and yesterday. I just quit breastfeeding 2 days ago and yes, I'm a stranger and yes, I just mentioned my breasts on your blog. As a result of not breastfeeding anymore, I'm so sad today thinking my baby has grown up and I didn't even realize it happened. He looks like a toddler now instead of a baby. It pulls at your heart a little when you realize how fast it is going by, huh? Anyway, your kids are very cute and seem very nice and interesting. Good job! Okay, take care. I'll stop in again next year.

Sara said...

I love breasts and breastfeeding, so you can mention those to me any time you like. Thanks for the comment. It goes by way too fast. Before you know it, your baby won't play in the splashpark either. It's sad...

Anonymous said...

Glad you love the knockers and what they can do!

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Do you know Lauri Gedlaman? That was her maiden name. I think she lives in your neck of the woods and she's a marmon.

Sara said...

I know there are people named Gettleman here, but I don't know them at all.